VISIONING AND PLANNING
To energize both internal and external constituents, organizations need a strong vision for the future, a well-crafted case and a clear plan on how they intend to achieve their goals. Del Prado Philanthropy (DP) can help:
- Articulate a vision for your organization;
- Translate the vision into a case that inspires major gift support;
- Provide guidance in revitalizing collateral materials;
- Assess your donor engagement, fundraising and stewardship capabilities;
- Build a five-year strategic plan;
- Develop major gift initiatives;
- Provide guidance with building endowments; and
- Monitor progress toward achieving strategic goals.
A highly engaged and committed volunteer board with diverse backgrounds and spheres of influence can be a powerful partner in philanthropy. DP can help:
- Provide guidance in the creation of a matrix for board recruitment and development suitable to your organization’s goals;
- Develop on-boarding programs and approaches to individualized, high-touch engagement of board members;
- Orient board members to their role in fundraising and donor stewardship;
- Develop systems for board evaluation; and
- Build volunteer roles and programs to engage promising up-and-coming leaders and groom the next generation of foundation board members.
MAJOR AND PRINCIPAL GIFTS
An organization’s major initiatives require the investment and partnership of generous donors who need to be approached with great care and thoughtfulness. DP can help a nonprofit’s staff with:
- Orientations on donor discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Training in portfolio management;
- Programming for donor cultivation events;
- Principal gift strategy development;
- Training in blended gifts; and
- Developing personalized stewardship plans.
Too many organizations underinvest in planned giving and end up shortchanging their mission in the future and depriving their constituents of an accessible opportunity to make a significant gift. DP can help
- Audit your planned gift program;
- Launch or revitalize the planned gift program;
- Provide training in charitable strategies;
- Integrate your major, planned and annual giving programs;
- Assist with the design and implementation of complex gifts that align donors’ philanthropic, financial, estate planning and family goals;
- Develop a professional advisor program; and
- Conduct charitable planning seminars for donors, trustees and advisors.